It feels like a lifetime away since we had any real progress on the pre-construction front. We (or rather I) have obsessively and meticulously spent countless sleepless nights reviewing the floor plans and elevation drawings and proceeded to raise variations upon variations in a never-ending attempt at custom designing the Hudson to our own personal taste. Our poor Metricon contract presenter has painstakingly responded to a million emails and telephone enquiries in such a timely fashion. We definitely lucked out in having Mary look after us. What a godsend!
Suffice it to say, it has been quite a tedious process but we are now 99.9% stoked with the overall design. So, nearly a month after being presented with the contract, we are finally happy to sign on the dotted line and handover 5% deposit to progress to council submission. Happy days!!!
Some of the mods we have made thus far…
- Added an outdoor room and balcony
- Added corner bifold doors and sliding stacker doors to give us an amazing indoor-outdoor room
- Enclosed the study to give us the flexibility of using it as a guest bedroom
- Changed the ‘coat cupboard’ into a shower effectively turning the powder room into a full bathroom
- Redesigned the kitchen and butler’s pantry (more on this in a separate blog post)
- Added windows and changed window profiles
- Added alcove and wall niches to display some of our Balinese treasures
- Redesigned the facade by extending the eaves and portico and added side walk-through piers