I was so chuffed to receive a nomination for the Liebster Blog Award by one of my favourite bloggers, the lovely Kerrie-Lee from Eternalicons. KL is slowly building her beautiful house on the Central Coast of NSW. I always enjoy her ramblings on her occasional progress, design ideas and everything in between. Pop on over and check out her fabulous online abode.
I must admit to being totally oblivious to the Liebster award before KL’s surprise nomination. A quick search on good old Google tells me the Liebster is the blogging equivalent to a chain letter. It’s awarded to newbies as a way to promote and support their blogs and a chance to connect and discover other amazing blogs out there. So, brace yourself for some blogging fun!
The rules that came with this nomination were:
1. Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
1. What is your earliest memory?
I have vivid and not so fond memories of my mum dressing my sister and I in identical outfits complete with matching hairstyles. Suffice to say I wasn’t the biggest fan of being matchy-matchy with my little sis. Thanks mum😄
2. How many homes have you lived in?
Moving house is such an ordeal and I’ve tried to avoid it over the years. By my reckoning I’ve only lived in 8 homes translating to a move every 4.5 years. I’m very much looking forward to move #9, not so much the boring chores of packing and unpacking that come with it!
3. What do you love most about blogging?
I started my blog as a way to document our building experience and to share the journey with our family and friends. It has since morphed into something more! It’s become an outlet for me to indulge my keen interest in design. It’s also allowed me to make connections with like minded peeps whose feedback, suggestions and general enthusiasm continue to inspire me.
4. How would your mother describe you?
Driven, head-strong, loyal and stubborn as a bull.
5. In five words describe your interior style
Contemporary, modern, minimalist, eclectic..ummm I struggled to answer this one KL!
6. Current obsessions?
As tragic as it sounds, my current obsessions are all building related. I’m forever trawling the interweb in the name of research and fine tuning design and styling ideas for the interior.
7. What’s your most cherished possession?
My darling husband went to great lengths designing the perfect engagement ring. I adore it not only because it’s beautiful but it also reminds me of the amazing proposal he orchestrated when he presented it to me.
Magical proposal overlooking Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown
8. Name three things you’re grateful for
1. I have an amazing husband who loves and supports me unconditionally
2. I have 3 beautiful girls who bring constant laughter into our lives
3. I have a big family who are so generous with their support
And a fourth one for good measure..I feel blessed to call this beautiful city Sydney home.
9. What are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about my family and building a beautiful home for us to make lasting memories together.
10. Describe your perfect Christmas
The perfect Christmas for me is an all-day affair. There’s no better way to get into the spirit by opening presents first up. I just love watching my children’s faces light up as they unwrap their presents. Very cool! Next on the agenda is a loooong lunch with the extended family. Each year we take turns to host the annual family tradition where good food, plenty of laughs, the odd karaoke fun and lots of gift giving are customary!
So, there you have it folks. Thank you KL for my Liebster! It’s now my turn to pay it forward. Here are my nominations…
Johanne, House by the water
Trixee, Solar Passive House
Deb, Deb’s Dream Home
Cherri, Our little big house build
lunar62, Majestic 40 at Gardeners Ridge
Teresa, Bell Bird Song
E&M, Metricon Adventure
And my questions for these lovely ladies…
1. Describe yourself in three words.
2. What does your family think of your blog?
3. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written and why? (Link, please!)
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
5. What are three things you cannot live without?
6. Which song always gets you on the dance floor?
7. What super power do you wish you have?
8. What is your idea of heaven?
9. If you could meet one person from the past, who would it be?
10. Favourite holiday destination.
I look forward to reading the answers!