We are building the Hudson 42 but with all our design modifications, it’s now been upgraded to the Hudson 47+. Here’s a list of some of our design variations.
- Added an Outdoor Room to rear of Dining
- We really wanted to open up the back section of the house to exemplify indoor-outdoor living so we changed the standard sliding door and windows to the Family and Dining. We have upgraded to a corner 5-panel and 3-panel bi-fold door units with clear opening and two sets of stacker sliding doors.
- Increased ceiling height from 2550mm to 2700mm and internal door height from 2040mm to 2340mm
- Added a dropped feature ceiling to Kitchen
- The shower in the powder room is actually marked as a Coats cupboard in the standard floor plans. We don’t know about you but we felt this space is better used as a 3rd shower. Very handy especially in a house with 4 girls. We also added a cavity sliding door turning this space into a full bathroom rather than merely a powder room.
- Added plasterboard lined stud wall to Staircase/Study effectively giving us the flexibility of using this space as a study/guest bedroom. We added double cavity sliding doors.
- Added double cavity sliding doors to the Sitting. We have plans to turn this room into our theatre room.
- Added internal door under stairs for storage.
- Added internal access door from Garage. I must say I found it annoying that this isn’t a standard inclusion!
- Our kitchen variations are still pending. Hopefully the external kitchen consultant will get back to us with the modified drawings and more importantly pricing.
- The facade is a bit of a sore point. We both wanted a contemporary look for our home and absolutely did not want a front balcony off our teenage daughter’s bedroom. Unluckily for us, the Hudson has limited facade options if you didn’t want a front balcony! So we have chosen the Traditional facade and made changes to jazz it up a bit. We extended the eaves around the house, increased the portico and added an opening through the side piers. We also changed the windows to the front elevation from standard to feature awning windows. We are in two minds about what to do with the portico. We have render included in our contract but not sure whether to clad it in stacked stone or some other material.
- UPDATE: We decided to scrap the stacked stone idea and stick with the render.
Overall we loved the standard floor plans so we didn’t change much upstairs.
- Added a balcony off the master and sliding stacker doors
- Increased ceiling height from 2400mm to 2550mm
- Upgraded to a freestanding bath and double shower in our ensuite
- Deleted standard dividing stud wall between master and WIR creating more space and making our master suite feel very open and spacious
- Replaced the window to the side of the ensuite with another Robe