As luck would have it, J was onsite when I drove by to check on the week’s progress and was the bearer of some exciting news. By the end of today, we will have reached ‘lock up’ stage! What a significant milestone in the building journey!
Now it may surprise you to know that lock up doesn’t actually mean the house is fully “locked up”. In actual fact, the all important front door, garage door and laundry door are yet to be installed so technically sneaking round the house is still possible 😛
According to our progress payment schedule, lock up is;
“the stage when a house external wall cladding is installed, eaves lining and roof covering is fixed (roof pointing not necessarily complete and front and rear doors not installed).”
Speaking of doors, I spied our long awaited corner bifold doors stacked neatly against the scaffold. J told me they were going in today. Yay!
The carpenters were putting the final touches to the cladding work and I’m so glad we decided on the Scyon Stria. I can’t wait to see the Stria painted in Dulux Saudi Sand. The rendered portico will be painted in dark grey Dulux Mt Eden so hopefully the contrast works nicely.
J ran me through the schedule and it sounds like all systems go next week.
- Painters were supposed to start on exterior today but the weather was unfortunately less than ideal so weather permitting, they are booked to work tomorrow (Sat, 18/4) and finish up on (Mon, 20/4)
- Scaffolding will be removed on Tuesday, 21/4
- Lower roof guttering, fascia and tiles are scheduled for Wed, 22/4
- Electrical, AC ducting (Wed, 22/4)
- Ground floor bricks to be acid washed (Thurs, 23/4)
- Insulation (Wed, 29/4)
- Rainwater tanks (Wed, 29/4)
- Gyprock (tentative start date Fri, 1/5)
Phew! What a lineup! Lets hope the weather gods are good to us and we get everything on the agenda ticked off.
Hope you have an awesome weekend 🙂